Sunday, September 23, 2012

Trip to Cleveland: Hanging out at Grandma's

My favorite part of the trip was hanging out with my Grandma Howard at her house. They have lived in this same house since my grandparents were married and I have so many wonderful memories of that house. And, nothing had changed. :) The boys loved feeding the ducks, playing with the cats, exploring the woods and going on "Easter Egg Hunts" (looking for golfballs in the woods). Nathan would hit them into the woods and the boys would go search for them. Grandma would give them a penny for each one they found and they both made some good money. I love my Grandma and Aunt Jill and Uncle Larry and it was SO GREAT to spend time with them. I miss them (and Dad and Jenny) already!!
Lots of fun hitting golf balls in Grandma's yard
Finding the balls in the woods
Tate would come back with his pockets full of balls and say, "Get out your piggy bank, Grandma!"
My grandma was so cute with the boys. The last time she saw Tate he was 18 months old and this was the first time she had met Corey. They loved her!
The Great Grandchildren
Tate could not control himself after Nathan found him this feather
Grandma's duck pond
Grandma's house (which Nathan wants to live in someday) I love this house!!
Love my Aunt Jill and Uncle Larry
Corey loved being Grandma's helper when she was feeding the animals. He was in heaven!
Tate also loved feeding the ducks
Corey loved riding "his tractor" (which was a broken lawnmower in the garage)
The boys did really well on the plane. It wasn't a disaster, which is about the best that we can hope for.
SUCH A GREAT TRIP! Thanks, Dad and Jenny, for everything! We miss you

No comments: