Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bed Rest and Getting Ready for Baby

The day after my shower (on April 12), I had my regular dr's appointment. I hadn't been feeling great the previous week (really hot, my heart was racing, I was seeing spots and really swollen and sweaty). So, at my appointment, they saw that my blood pressure was really high and wanted to get more tests done to see if I had preeclampsia. That weekend, I was put on bed rest and had to do some blood tests at the hospital, as well as a 24 hour urine collection (super fun). The following Monday, I went back to the dr to see the results. The tests showed that I did have a mild case of preeclampsia and I was put on strict bed rest and told that the baby would be taken at 37 weeks (May 3). I spent the next week going to the dr or hospital almost everyday for steroid shots and Non-Stress Tests and more blood work.

I was initially really upset about this diagnosis more because I didn't feel ready for the baby to come. So, we made plans to get all of the things done that still needed to be taken care of. One of those things was the baby's room. My mom came over and painted the room and then we finished getting it set up. It turned out so cute!



I am still on bed rest waiting for our little girl to come. I have received so much help from family, ward members and friends. I can't believe how much everyone has done for us!

No comments: