Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kind of a Crappy Week.....

So, this has been a bit of a lame week. First of all, I started work this week. I have to go into the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I work from home for the rest of the week. Not too bad (you would think). Well, Tuesday I took my little boy to my sister's house. I thought I would be fine but I took forever to leave him and then I cried for an hour. Everyone at work probably thinks I am a crazy person because all they had to do was mention Tate and I cried. Then, I had only been at work for about an hour and a half when my sister called and said that Tate wasn't doing well. I was worried that he was sick because he hasn't been sleeping well AT ALL the past few days. He has only been sleeping about 2-3 hours at a time (of course this happens the week I have to go back to work). So, I ran over to my sisters and cuddled my Taters and fed him and he was just fine. We ended up taking him to to doctors yesterday because he isn't quite acting like himself. I was worried he had an ear infection, but it turns out he has a little sore throat and virus. Poor little baby....

While we were at the doctor, the doctor said that he was concerned about the shape of Tate's head. We have to go to the hospital on Monday to have a CT scan for Taters. They are worried that the bones in his head have fused prematurely, which doesn't allow his head to grow normally. It is called Craniosynostosis for anyone who cares. So, please keep our little boy in your prayers and hopefully, this will just be something that will clear up on its own and he won't need surgery. The thought of that is way too much for me..........

To top everything off, the weather here SUCKS. For those of you in Utah, you know what I am talking about. It just keeps dumping more and more snow. It is only about three weeks into winter and I am already sick of it? Anyone else sick of this snow and wishing they lived somewhere warm?

7 comments:

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

What a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day (week)! I totally feel your pain about work. Ummm, don't you remember me just bawling every time someone asked how I was or asked how Grant was. What do they think, that you are so ecstatic to be back at work dealing with other people's crap!!!! GRRRR. Sorry to hear about Taters head. Will they try a helmet first or will they jump right to surgery. That can be frightening to even have to consider the possibility. You are all in our prayers and please keep us updated. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Megan - Amie did the same thing when she first had to go to work after Jake was born. We don't usually pray that much but we will definitely do a few for you and Tate. Helmets are cool.

The Fischer Family said...

Megan, oh that first week back to work! It's the worst, but I promise it does get better!!!! We will definately keep Tate in our prayers! We had a friend who's baby had this same problem and they were able to correct it with a helmet-no surgery necessary, so we will pray hard for the same results with Taters! Please keep us posted! We love you all!

Jeannie said...

Megan,

You and your family will remain in my prayers! Hang in there! Heavenly Father will be watching over you!! All will be well.

Kelli said...

You're not crazy to be sad to go back to work, I think it's totally normal - most moms I know did the same thing, including me! Consider yourself lucky that it's only 2 days a week, not 5, it could be worse. Keep us all updated on the doctor's appointment on Monday, hopefully it's just the doctor being precautious and nothing is wrong, but we'll pray for Tate and your little family just the same. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Meg & Nat: I am praying and praying for Tate, I was so upset at first but then I felt a calm - he WILL BE FINE. I just know it. He is getting just sooo cute. Please relax and let the Lord handle the tough stuff. Love you and wish I could hold little Tate. Grandma

HILL HESS said...

Move to Cali- no snow here! I put Tate's name in the temple and we are praying for him. Let us know if there is anything we can do. I'm so sorry! Having sick kids is the worst!