Friday, June 11, 2010

An Update

So, we are still around and doing well. We have been trying to get everything ready for the baby, while spending as much time with our crazy Tate. The official due date is July 1, so we are getting close. I am dilated to a 1 (which is one third of how far I ever got with Tate after 20 hours of labor) and the baby is measuring big (39 weeks last week). I can definitely feel that this baby is big! Tate is excited for his baby brother but has also chosen this time (when I am not as mobile as usual) to be crazy and be a true two year-old. But, he is also sweeter and funnier than ever. He cracks us up every day with the things he comes up with. He loves to yell from another room or upstairs, "Mommy, are you having a baby?" and I have to tell him I am not having a baby at the moment. :)

This picture was taken on Memorial Day. Tate LOVES flags and we had to go on a walk to find the flags in the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

So I've been a bit absent from reading blogs and always forget to check the private ones, so it's been awhile! My heavens--you've had a wild past month or so. I was so sad/relieved to read about your scare with Tate and trip to the hospital. What a trooper! That little guy (and his awesome parents) has been through so much, but he always comes out on top. You guys are amazing!

I can't wait to see your cute new baby. I think Corey is a great name! I'm bummed we never did get together and Jill just had her baby, so now we'll have to come up with a new plan. You are beautiful and such a great mom. Good luck in the next few weeks--you're almost there! :)

Jo Lynn said...

So cute! Yeah for being dilated, that's wonderful! I'm so excited for you! Will Tate and the new baby be sharing a room? We just bought a new flag for my Birthday to put up on our house and Savannah loves it! Miss ya!

HILL HESS said...

Can't wait to meet this little guy!!

The Fischer Family said...

So, a 1 is good for still being a week and a half away. I hope you have an easier labor and delivery this time!