Monday, October 10, 2011

A Bad Ending to a Great Trip

Right after we left the airport after our Dallas trip, we got into a car accident. I was driving our 4Runner and it started pouring. There was so much water on the road and our car hydroplaned, spun across all of the lanes, hit the concrete median, spun back around and was stalled in the left lane on I-80. The greatest blessing was that no other car was around and nobody else hit us. We just got a little banged up, and I got some burns from the airbags. Not the best day.
We just found out that there is $13,243.75 damage to the car. They aren't considering that a total and we won't get the car back for almost a month. :(

1 comment:

HILL HESS said...

So sorry!! I'm glad no one was seriously injured. But that is so awful!

Loved visiting with you guys.

I think I would have had a blast at Tate's pirate party! So fun.