Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tate and the Rice Cereal


To celebrate Tate's six month birthday, we started feeding him yummy rice cereal. It is a good thing he doesn't know what good food is yet, because this stuff was nasty. He sat in his new high chair, with his new bib and looked so big. It almost made me sad to see him because he didn't look like a little baby anymore. He was very excited to get started and was grabbing for the spoon. But, when the cereal went into his mouth he was very confused. It was adorable and so funny to watch. He got the hang of it after a few bites and gobbled the whole bowl up! Such a big boy!
PS- His hair looks red in these pictures. It is just the lighting-I promise!! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TATE. You are just tooooooo cute.
Love you all,
Grampa

The Fischer Family said...

Yummy! Isn't it good?!?!?!? Wait til he gets to barley cereal-that stuff is nasty! Brianna's favorite was oatmeal with bananas and Jonah's was none of it! He went almost straight to table food! Good luck and happy eating!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Grant never was a fan of rice cereal. But then again, who is?

Kelli said...

When you say the rice cereal is nasty, is that because you tried it? I can only guess it's nasty because it smells awful. What a big boy to eat his rice cereal the first time. My kids gagged it down, but they were good sports about it. Pretty soon he'll be eating pureed fruits, trust me, they smell tons better.

Stevie said...

OK, it's official...Tate is the cutest baby ever. I know I'm a bit biased, but it's still true!! Happy Birthday little guy, you sure are one loved boy!

Bethany said...

Aw, cute. I don't know though Meg, he's lookin like a red head!!!!! Nothing wrong with that, shoot.

Natalie said...

What a big boy! I agree that his hair really does look red. I'm looking forward to seeing him so I can give it a good inspection! I love the pictures. He is such a sweetheart!