Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seven Things

I have been tagged and I am supposed to write seven quirks I have. This was really hard and most of these are lame. So, here goes:

1) I hate potatoes, but I love french fries. I only love french fries when they are mostly oil and batter and not too much potato. I wish I had some right now....

2) I don't know if this is a quirk, but you may not know that I have a scar on my right eye brow (like Luke Perry), which my hair won't grow over. When I was little (maybe 6??), some stupid boys at my babysitters threw a cat at my face.

3) My favorite movie is Adventures in Babysitting. It is an 80's movie and I have loved it as long as I can remember. I once took my friend's VHS of the movie and didn't give it back. I am not proud of that, but I told you I love this movie.

4) I feel like I missed my calling in life: a professional dancer. I think that if I wasn't such a tomboy when I was little and would have been in dance classes, I would lead a very different life. Now I am old and feel like I have missed my the boat on this. I will have to settle for putting music on and dancing for Tate when we are home alone. At least he likes my moves....

5) I was a weird kid. I could separate all of my weirdness as a child, but I decided to lump them together. When I was 5, I had a club called, "The Pretty Girls and Boys Club." We met in my friend's garage with some girls and my friend's little brother. We had a theme song, which I can sing for you sometime. When I was in the third grade, I made a video with two of my friends called, "Midget Aerobics." (Sorry if that offends anyone, I was a kid.) We pulled our arms in our shirts, put socks and shoes on our knees and talked in high voices. My friend, who played the host, also used a British accent. I had a card making business (which I actually made quite a bit of money from) called Young Pawprints, I had a singing group called Hands On (we made a music video for MTV), and I had a newspaper (which I sold copies of for 25 cents) called the Kid Times.

6) My favorite food is Calamari. I would eat it everyday if I had lots of money and if it was acceptable.

7) I stick my tongue out when I concentrate. It is quite embarrassing because we have many pictures of me playing sports or the drums or something and I have my tongue out. That may not be so interesting, but....Tate also does this. This proves he came from me (along with the C-section scar).

Well, that is me. Since so many of these seemed to be about me when I was little, here is a photo of young Megan:

7 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Megan I love it. You seriously crack me up, you always have something funny to share. I wouldn't call you weird, but maybe a nerd. LOL I love your dancing and hey it doesn't' have to be over now, you could teach dance? My brother totally stuck his tongue out and we always laughed at him, but we all have weird faces we make when we're really concentrating. I love it, I'm glad you did this tag and I knew you out of all people would have some awesome quirks!

Natalie said...

Megs--I loved reading this because it so reminded me of all the reasons why I love you so much! I remember trying to get you to eat potatoes and I had forgotten all about your love for Adventures in Babysitting. I can't believe you didn't mention our dance class at BYU. Remember our teacher Bethany and her leather pants? I think you introduced me to calamari and I am a total fan! I think you should have mentioned you played the stmbols in the Power of the Wasatch and are a boy band fanatic. :)

Tammi said...

I heart Megan Hess :) You need to visit... SOON!

Kelli said...

Hayden sticks his tongue out when he concentrates, too. And I LOVE Adventures in Babysitting. I haven't seen it in forever but I can recall most of the movie in my head. How fun to get to know you better, especially young you. =)

HILL HESS said...

I love things like this because it's such a fun way to get to know someone in a way that doesn't come up in daily conversation- like all the fun things you did as a kid. Adventures in Babysitting was one of my favs as a kid as well.

Emily said...

You are stinkin' cute in that picture!

Anonymous said...

There's a movie called "Adventures in Babysitting"? Boy, sounds like I missed out. Apparently I also missed out in the Pretty Girls and Boys club.

Nice.