Sunday, June 9, 2013

Riley and Corey

Corey has a special love for his baby sister. He cannot walk by her without kissing or hugging her. And, anyone who he thinks did or might hurt her will hear about it from Corey. "Don't you hurt my baby sister, Tate!" He says that sort of thing a few times a day (even though nobody is actually trying to hurt his baby sister). :) This love can quickly turn scary, however. On Friday, Riley was sleeping in her swing in her room with the door closed. I thought that might be a safe time for me to take a shower (how dare I!). In the middle of my shower, Corey ran in and said that Riley was crying. I told him to just leave her in there and I would get her when I was done. He then ran away and I didn't hear from him again. I could still hear Riley crying in her room, so I assumed she was safe. I got out of the shower and quickly got dressed. I then went to get her out of her room and her swing was empty. I about had a heart attack. I started screaming and ran to look for her. I came downstairs and found her laying on the ground face down with blankets on her. Corey was standing over her looking proud of herself for taking care of her. He had carried her out of her swing, down the stairs and then dropped her on the floor! Luckily, it was on the carpet and she was covered in blankets and didn't seem hurt or too upset. Oh, I hope this is the last time that happens!

I was taking some pics of Riley and Corey (of course) wanted to come get in some of them. He really is a sweet big brother.


Look how big his hand is compared to hers (and how dirty) :)

No comments: