Monday, February 4, 2008

Can you Believe It??

The Giants won the Superbowl!! I still can't believe that they pulled it off. Since the Cowboys weren't in the Superbowl, we were cheering for the Giants. Nathan is not too much of a Patriots fan, so really he just wanted them to lose to anyone. We watched the game at home with our little family because we didn't want Tate to be around too many people the week before his surgery. (Any sort of sickness could delay his surgery and anymore of a delay could cause him to have to have the most invasive surgery. So we are EXTRA careful with him these last days before the surgery!) Sadly, I did not have any Giants gear to dress Tate up in because, frankly, who would have expected them to be in the Superbowl. But, they managed to win anyways. :)

Here is a little update on Tate: He is doing really well. He is a happy baby and loves to play. He especially loves his hands and has to have them in his mouth most of the time. Sometimes, he tries to fit his hands in his mouth when he is eating his bottle and then cries cause they both can't fit.Weekends are our favorite because we get to spend time with Nathan. Tate loves his daddy and has to have his attention at all times when Nathan is home. It is really cute. Tate rolled over last week for the first time. He didn't seem to be surprised by it, but we were so excited that we scared him with our enthusiasm. He hasn't done it since, but we are working on it. He loves to babble and imitate voices. Mostly, he is just a fun little baby. We are loving every minute (even the sleepless ones)! Tate's surgery is a week from today. We are confident that everything will go well, but we are still pretty scared. I just don't want my baby to be in pain...

Here are some photos of Tate chillin on the couch while watching TV on Superbowl Sunday. He is getting hair and it is blondey blonde like his mom (well, like she used to be..) :) He doesn't like to smile at the camera anymore. He just stares at it and seems fascinated. So, no smiley baby pictures right now!















5 comments:

Kelli said...

I know, we were totally off the couch when they won. We're not Giants fans but we're SO not Patriots fans so we were happy to see them finally lose. Cheaters never prosper right? And Tate is adorable, good luck with the surgery!

The Fischer Family said...

WoW! What a game that turned out to be! I was definately not expecting it but oh well! He is so cute! I can't get over those huge eyes!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Yea Tater Tot! I am so proud of him for rolling over. Can I just say that I love his eyes!!! We will keep you guys in our prayers with the upcoming surgery. Keep us posted.

The Fischer Family said...

Bytheway Megan! I tagged you! See my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

they grow up too fast! I so hope everything goes well with the surgery, i was out of town and when i read about it my heart sank, i couldnt imagine. I think it hits more for me since my baby is not much younger than him. So i'll be thinking lots about you guys and hoping and praying that everything goes smoothly!