Monday, February 25, 2008

Two Weeks Later

Tate is doing MUCH better these days. He had a hard time after the surgery and was very clingy with me and Nathan (he wouldn't let us put him down for a second) and he wasn't sleeping more than an hour at a time at night. Tate also got a rash and cradle cap on top of his incision. It was driving him crazy and he wouldn't stop picking at it. He also had some other issues and we took him to the Pediatrician. He said that Tate was going through Post Traumatic Stress from the surgery and needed to be comforted. Needless to say, Nath and I have been a little worn out these past two weeks. But, over the past few days, things have seemed to turn around and Tate is acting much more like himself. He is sleeping better at night (he only woke up once last night) and he can be put down without screaming. He is such a sweet little boy and we are so happy that he is feeling better. Poor little guy has been through a lot.... Here are some pictures from today (exactly two weeks after the surgery). I can't get this baby to smile at the camera anymore. He just stares at it with his big blue eyes. What a funny boy!!
His incision is looking SO MUCH better. I am surprised at how light it is only after two weeks. Hopefully is will be light and not too noticeable as he (and his hair grows).
Also, I would like to post the following: NATHAN GOT A 276 ON WII BOWLING!! It is the highest score anyone we have ever seen has gotten. I guess Nathan is a professional Wii Bowler... Here's proof:

5 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

What a rough experience! I'm sorry to hear how difficult it has been, but I'm glad it is getting better! You guys are so strong- I admire you so much! He's a sweetie! Maybe next winter we'll head out your way to ski down some real mountains!!!!

Bethany said...

He looks great Meg. I hope he gets all better soon!! We love you!

Kelli said...

How sad to hear about his recovery, although I suppose it is somewhat normal? I'm glad to hear he's getting back to normal. He's so cute! My kids did the whole no-smile thing for the camera, you have to just imagine us behind the camera screaming and making faces and clapping and being completely ridiculous just to get a crack of a smile =) Congrats on Nathan's Wii score, I've never played but I really want one (an attempt at exercise while actually having fun!)

HILL HESS said...

He looks so much better. I'm glad he's recooperating so well. You've all had quite the long haul!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Seriously, can he get any cuter?!?! I am so sorry that it has been such a rough few weeks. I cannot imagine going through what you guys have been through. Thank goodness you are SUPER mom! Love ya tons! You are in our thoughts and prayers!