Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Five Months Old!!

Tate is now five months old! Where has the time gone? Oh, I know- taking care of a baby! It is one of things that feels so short and like an eternity at the same time. What a great (and life changing!!) five months it has been. Here is the update on Tate: He is a smiley and interactive little boy these days. He loves to play, loves to pull his socks off, loves to put EVERYTHING in his mouth and loves being with his mom and dad. He has rolled over several times both from his front and from his back. He can sit up on his own for a little bit, but he does it like a baby tripod with his hands out in front. He goes back and forth on the sleeping thing. Now that he is better from his surgery and suffering no current illnesses (thank goodness!), we are working on sleep training. We started putting him in his crib at night a few weeks ago (before he was in his bouncy chair because of his acid reflux). We got this little wedge pillow thing that he lays on so that he is still inclined. He is doing better with his crib. We are working on getting him to take his naps in his crib this week. He used to sleep on me for his naps (I know!!) and he now needs to learn to sleep on his own for his naps. Today has been rough because he has protested being away from me for naps and it breaks me heart. We both cried for a bit this morning. But, he is doing better. I know this is best for him, but it is hard for me. I love having him snuggle with me for naps and he sleeps so well and is a happy boy! But, he is getting bigger and it isn't realistic to have him sleep on me. If I had it my way, he would be two years old and snuggling with his mommy! It is nice to be able to get more done while he is napping. Well, here are some pictures of him from recently. He is looking so big these days!!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I know how it is to have to learn to have your baby sleep on their own, when my kids were learning to sleep through the night I'd have to turn on this huge industrial fan that drowned out all the noise AND take a sleeping pill, but within a few weeks they were sleeping through the night (this was at 6 months). I love having them cuddle with me, but it is nice to have that "me" time during their naps and stuff. He's a doll!

The Fischer Family said...

Good luck with the sleeping. It is really hard until they learn to put themselves to sleep but after that it is great! I learned to live for naptime and bedtime because that meant I could get other stuff done (like the mountains of laundry that tend to follow a baby!!!) It will get easier, just be consistent!

HoltFamily said...

Oh my goodness--Tate is SO cute! Seriously, he is darling! By the way, I could see the difference in the before/after pictures, but I certainly wouldn't have thought anything was wrong before...I'm not surprised it took a doctor to point it out. He was so cute then too! I hope the napping thing is working better! I remember crying while Tommy cried in the middle of the night...it was so hard. Jon could sleep through it, but I felt too guilty, so I stayed up the whole time. You're starting a little bit earlier with Tate than I did with Tommy, though (about a month earlier), and so hopefully that will help him transition quicker. Good luck!!! It DOES get better.

Love, Christy