Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No Eggs for Taters



We have a plethora of doctors appointments for Tate this month to address allergies and feeding issues. We took Tate to the allergist on Monday and they tested him for all food allergies (because of the hive incident a few months ago). He didn't show that he was allergic to milk like we thought, but he did show a strong allergy to egg whites. He also flared up a little for egg yolks and peanuts. The doctor isn't completely satisfied with the results since Tate broke out in hives from the sensitive formula and that didn't have eggs in it. We have to go back for more tests in a few weeks. Tate was so sweet during the visit and didn't cry at all during the test. He was mostly concerned that he had to look away from the cute nurse while she poked his back. He was obsessed with smiling and laughing at her. Such a flirt! We had to wait around in the office for the reactions to show up and all Tate wanted to do was walk around and play. Oh, the adventures with this baby boy!!

4 comments:

HILL HESS said...

Poor little guy! Sometimes I think these tests and procedures are harder on the parents! Keep us updated!

Kelli said...

I've never even thought of having allergy tests for my kids, what a good idea! Although they don't have hives, food allergies run in the family. He is such a good sport!!!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't know they could have a reaction like that. Poor little guy, that stinks! i hope they figure out what's going on.
I love that he's a little flirt, he's such a stud. I think he looks a lot like Nathan, I need to do a look a like meter, that's so cool. I also love your widget of the medals, go USA!!! We are obsessed with watching it till all hours of the night. Not good..

The Fischer Family said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy! Hives are the worst, but to have to go through all the testing too! That's funny that he wanted to flirt with the nurse! What a stud!