Monday, December 8, 2008

Fourteen Months Old and a Little Surgery


Tate is now fourteen months old! He is a crazy boy and literally runs around the house all day. He loves to throw balls and tosses his footballs and basketballs all day long. (Nathan is so proud!) He is such a funny, active little guy. He has so many quirks and I love getting to see more of his personality.
Also, we were up at Primary Children's Hospital on Friday for a little surgery for Tate (on his boy parts). It wasn't a big deal (nothing like his head!!), but they put him out and we had to meet with the surgeon, anestegiologist (sp?), and nurses. It felt just like before. The only difference was that it was quick and he was able to go home soon after. When Tate woke up, we were there and he was most happy to get something to eat. He hadn't eaten in about 17 hours and he was not happy about that (I wouldn't be either!) He got a bottle and some Cheezits and he was a happy boy! I am happy to be done with that (and hopefully with surgeries forever!). Here is a picture of Tate running around in the hospital room before the surgery (notice the little hospital bracelet on his ankle).

3 comments:

HoltFamily said...

Hey Megan--I LOVE your Santa family picture. You guys are so cute! My address is 9790 Larch St NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433. Sorry I took so long getting back to you!!!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Tate has been through the ringer this year! At least it's all happening in one calendar year so hopefully you've met your insurance deductible for the year. Make sure to get anything else taken care of before the end of the month. :)

I LOVE the Hess family Christmas card. And my phone just rang and it was you! I guess I'll talk to you in person.

Jo Lynn said...

Oh, he is just so sweet. What a trooper going with out food for that long, poor kid. I'm curious what they had to do to his parts? I hope you and Tate that there will never be another surgery again.

Can't wait to see your Christmas cards and thanks for your comment on my blog, I just love comments. :)