Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Tate loves our Christmas tree. I anchored it to the wall with a rope thinking that he would try and pull it over on himself. He hasn't tried to do that yet, but he does love to point at the tree and babble. He also discovered the ornaments and has pulled any off that he can reach. I anticipated that and only put cheap ones on the bottom. Tate's new thing is to have someone carry him in to the room where the tree is so that he can touch the tree. He has you pick him up and then points to the tree saying he wants you to go there. And, if the lights aren't on, he points to the plug for you to turn it on. He also learned the word tree and whenever we say it, he points to it. It is fun to see him so excited over simple things.


3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

You have a gorgious tree, I love it! I think that's so cute he say's tree and points to the plug if the lights aren't on, what a smart boy. Nice job on tying it up, I wouldn't have thought of that. Although Savannah is so entertained with the ornaments that she doesn't care about the tree itself. Each day she pulls them all off and tonight she actually tried putting the ornament back on, she just laid it on a branch, cute ha?
I'm so glad Taylor finally has a blog, now I can see her cute boy and keep in touch...
Hope your having a wonderful Christmas!

The Fischer Family said...

What a great idea-tying the tree to the wall! When Michael was a baby we had to put the tree in a playpen (the big square ones) so that he couldn't get into it! LOL! I love it when they reach Tate's age- Christmas takes on a whole new meaning! I feel like I've been so out of touch lately...I'm glad school's over with and I get to just be mommy now, so I'll be checking in more regularly! Thanks for the Christmas card- we loved the pictures. You should be getting one from us soon, it'll probably come the day after Christmas!!! LOL! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I send much love from KY!

Kelli said...

How cute that Tate hates the snow, definately something to tell him about one day when he's older. Roman hated it last year, he wouldn't touch it, this year he plays in it until his fingers are blue. And I love your tree!