Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!










This is a tribute to all mothers, especially our mothers. Mothers are the best and I don't know what we would do without them! Nathan's mom has seven kids, 13 grandchildren (3 more on the way) and she is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. I don't know how she keeps up with everything!! We sure do wish she lived closer and we could see her more often! My mom is wonderful and does so much. She just graduated after a long hard road while working full time (and also part time!). She loves Tate and is a great help with him. AlSO, she supplies Tate with his Baby Gap wardrobe (she works there!!!!). What can I say? I love moms and I am so grateful for our moms!!!!

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day. Nathan made it so special and was so sweet. Tate (Nathan) got me the cutest mother firgurine that I will keep forever to remind me of my first Mother's Day!! We also went to my mom's house for a Mother's Day/ Katie's Bday celebration. It was alot of fun and Tate enjoyed hanging out with the family. Also, I spent the whole weekend working on a birthday cake for Katie (more for my own practice and experimentation). It turned out ok and I was just happy it was not a disaster. It was my first attempt in working with Fondant, making Buttecream Icing and doing anything other than a box cake. It actually tasted good too, which I felt like was a huge accomplishment!

5 comments:

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Well aren't you just amazing! Can you send me a piece of that cake? Oh wait, I am sure there isn't ANY left!

HILL HESS said...

WAY cute cake! Nicely done!

Kelli said...

Glad you had a good mother's day. I love your cake, I think it looked amazing! Did you take classes?

Anonymous said...

Megan - Nice Cake! Glad to hear that Nathan is treating you right.

The Fischer Family said...

You should count yourself in the "wonderful mother" catagory! You may have just started, but I think you've proved to be a great mother with all Tate has been through!
And way cute cake! I haven't tried foundant yet but I can't wait to!